SMART symposium May 2018
Photo: UiO/ Ståle Skogstad
This May symposium is particularly relevant for researchers contributing in WP 2.
Tuesday (09:00 - 16:00):
- Before lunch: WP leader meeting
- After lunch: SMART media training (by invitation only)
Wednesday (09:00 - 18:00): SMART comprehensive analysis
- Setting the scene:
- Sustainability as our framework, defined as securing the social foundation within planetary boundaries
- EU & specific SMART H2020 context for our SMART comprehensive analysis
- Factual scope: European businesses selling products to… etc. Comparative Chinese and US reflections.
- A systemic and regulatory ecology approach to our analysis
- Brief presentation and discussion of outline (made available to participants by end of April)
- Discussion with the aim of identification of barriers and possibilities, gaps and incoherencies in the regulatory framework of the market actors, structured according to:
- Overarching objectives and sector-specific goals (int’l, EU and MS)
- Instruments and initiatives (on int’l, EU & MS level as well as by market actors); discussed first for each market actor and then joint
- Implementation and enforcement (all levels, also market actor level); discussed first for each market actor and then joint
- Outcomes and impacts (all levels, discussed first for each market actor and then joint)
Thursday (09:00 - 17:00): SMART comprehensive analysis cont’d
- Discussion with the aim of identification of barriers and possibilities, gaps and incoherencies in the regulatory framework of the market actors – cont’d
- Discussion of tentative conclusions
Friday (9:00 - 13:00) Next SMART steps (September 2018 -> towards end of project)
Plan work with reform proposals and on PCD which we define, and now with the support of the Commission, as the Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development (shift from PCD to SDG implementation).
- Brainstorming: how shall we move forward to with reform proposals?
- Brainstorming: how shall we move forward with policy coherence work?